An Wato Guinea, Det!

So we're doing it- heading back to Guinea. Stay tuned for details of our journey back to a place we love.

Monday, March 31, 2008

A Few More Photos

I thought I'd post a few more photos while I have access to the internet. The national strike was postponed until April 8th and even that's not for sure. We decided to stop waiting and just go to Kerouane to visit the family. We'll leave here on Friday and will only stay there a few days. After our short visit we'll have to head to Conakry to extend our visas and get more malaria prophylaxis. We'll also be finalizing our schedule for the summer and our eventual return home. As soon as things are figured out I'll post all the details.


The diamond digging crew near Kerouane.

I think the woman in the background is the woman Charlie referred to in his comment from the last post. While we were there she was cracking jokes and laughing with her co-workers. As we were leaving I wished her well and said I hoped she found a diamond. She went crazy clapping and dancing.



Charlie and Matt drinking tea and hot milk at Nene's house in Lelouma



Matt, me and Charlie in front of the family's house in Kerouane.


My friend Mr.Bah and his wife Aminata just had a new baby. Matt, Charlie and I were lucky enough to see her right after she was born. Her name is Mymoona Bah. Here's a photo of the family: Mr.Bah, Aminata with Mymoona, Tierno (Max's best friend) and Mariam.

2 comments:

************************************************************Through The Eyes Of Hazle Lee said...

Hi! I'm a health PCV in Gambia and looking to do a tech trip to Guinea. I'd be grateful for any info you could give me on NGOs PCVS work with and/or projects on medicinal plants such as the Neem tree.

Thank you!
Courtney Gilman
cmgilman@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you all are doing well. Is it time for Smatt to shave his head again? I think he should go for a mohawk!

Obama came to town yesterday. It was quite exciting.